11 June 2014

Europe Trip - Disneyland

Disneyland, to me it means the 'Happiest Land on Earth'. It can make a bunch of grown ups in their 20s happy and fall asleep with a smile on their faces. We grew up with the company of Disney characters such as Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck and Goofy, that's why seeing these characters (in abundant!) in Disneyland made us relived our childhood again! By the way, the main entrance is very far from the parking lot, but the environment around it is beautiful enough to make you feel the distance is shorter than it really is.

Some say the castle of Disneyland is inspired by the Neuschwanstein Castle in Germany that I've covered previously. I can't really see the resemblance, but then both castles have their own distinctive design. Must take photo with it in the visit to Disneyland! 


Disneyland is a huge place. Kids will be lost here if unsupervised. It's so big we didn't know where to begin with! 


After a short walk explore here and there, we reached the Indiana Jones roller coaster ride. Oh my, it's what I've feared the most. Roller coaster with 360 degrees turn which can caused me to have reverse peristalsis (in other word, vomit) easily. I love roller coaster, but I don't like the feeling of losing gravity, it sends everything in my stomach up in an uncomfortable way. I was like 'f***' when I saw the first 360 degrees coming!


Next ride is the Pirates of the Caribbean, a ride in a slow moving roller coaster in the dark.


The number of rides and games seem infinite, it will be forever for me to describe every game we played here. So, let the photos do the talking!


Must take photos with your favourite Disney characters! Here's Goofy!


Even my whole lunch set is filled with images of Goofy.


3D movie experience with Captain EO featuring the late Michael Jackson with his alien crews.


Deceived with the Hollywood sign which actually is just a backdrop. Well played with the optical illusion!


This Hollywood Tower should be renamed as the 'Horror Tower'! You'll have a slow vertical ride up to the top, and then a door will open in front of you, showing you the view of Disneyland. While you are admiring it, you'll plunge to the lower ground at high speed!


The turtle ride, not at turtle speed at all!


Super huge popcorn which you can't finish with even 3 movies!


Cinderella's high heels. At an exaggerated price! Don't lose your high heel again Cinderella, they are costly!


Can I have them all! I like Nemo, Mickey & Stitch!


Imitating Donald Duck's portrait. Big time fail! Hahaha!


Ever wonder how's the wonderland which Alice visited looks like? Here it is!


A view of Disneyland Paris from a tower in the Alice's wonderland. Beautiful!


The cups ride. My mom told me it's my favourite ride when I was a little kid, but I will feel nausea after a ride in the spinning cup now...


It's a happy world!


Even the McDonalds looks more unique in Disneyland!


When the evening came, a grand parade was held on the main streets of Disneyland where all of the Disney characters that you can name will go on a parade, with dance and music of course!


Watching the characters dancing and interacting with the audience brought out the kid in us! We are still a kid in heart!! We couldn't help but to dance and sing (and hum) along with them!


Very swiftly came the night time, where the land of happiness quiet down, but just slightly. Probably awaiting for the magnificent night show of firecrackers and movie projected on the castle.


This is what I mentioned about the projected movie on the castle! The whole castle is used as a backdrop to display the movie! It was a long show, a satisfying way to end the night. 

What happened after the show was horrendous. Me and few friends were lost while trying to find our way to the parking lot, where our tour bus was waiting for us all. The path leading from the parking lot to the entrance of Disneyland looks so different in the night compared to daylight. We called some of our friends (we are still using UK's prepaid telco and low on credit!) who successfully made their way to the bus, desperately asking for their direction. After getting the right direction, we sprinted like there was a zombie pursuing us! I swear I've never ran for so long in a long long time!

NEXT - Paris part 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment