12 May 2014

Of Homework and Exam !

 Sheffield Hallam University (SHU)... Breathing the air in its compound you'll feel smarter already LOL! I love study life, I'm sure of it because I had a short working life right before my Advanced Diploma and although the company and colleagues are good, working life doesn't have as much freedom as study life. So bounded with the working hours you'll have not much time left for your own. That's why from Advanced Diploma onwards, I appreciate my study life to the max, explore as many as I can, travel to as many places as possible and earn some extra pocket money along the way. 

We were so jakun when we saw our attendance list has our face photos in it! "So advanced leh!" It's hilarious when the tutor tried to read out our names but they turned out as something like Foong Foong and Har Har. I'm sure I didn't messed up my last name and first name, or did I?


I hate Finite Element Analysis (FEA) to be frank, the syllabus was hard and most of the things were in codes rather than words which can be easier to understand. Studying in the UK is totally different than in Malaysia, where most of the info are spoon-fed to us. Tutors in the UK required us to do our own research to look for info, do analysis and produce the result or report. We were not used to it, but it is sad to say that this kind of method is the right method. 


Engineering Product Design required us to produce engineering drawings, and a drawing like the one below can take us about 2-3 hours to complete. Every parts and components drawn with utmost precision and detailed calculation. Thanks to the comprehensive self-research, I can now design a hoist and a double wishbone front suspension for a car! 


Luckily we only have Concurrent Engineering subject in our final exam. More on theory than calculation, my favourite! Stocked up some energy drinks (hear: Monster) and Starbucks' instant latte from the nearby Sainsbury and let the burn of midnight oil begin! It was the last exam in my life so I decided to give it all out! Thankfully I didn't fail the subject or else I'll have to sit for it again in Malaysia!


Here's our last day in SHU! Feeling sad and happy at the same time. Sad because that's the end of our study life and it's time to leave Sheffield, but happy because our vacation begins at that instance!


It was hard to leave a place as beautiful as Sheffield after staying there for 3 months. We purposely took a night walk around the city, to enjoy one last night view of the city before we embark on another journey...

NEXT - Europe Trip: Belgium!

No comments:

Post a Comment