26 April 2014

London Day 4 (Oxford Street, Bond Street, Covent Garden)

 Indulging a Thorntons caramel ice cream with a chocolate smiley on top, while window shopping in Oxford Street alone is a special experience. I kind of learnt how a backpacker feel like when travelling alone.  As the fourth day would be our last day in London, we decided to go separate way to do the things we like. A friend went for shopping in Oxford Street and Bond Street, a friend went to a museum while the others went to see their favourite football team's stadium. 

Since I don't like football and museum is a little boring for me, I chose shopping, more like window shopping. I joined a friend of mine in Oxford Street and Bond Street, where all the premium and high-end brands can be found there. Louis Vuitton, Armani, Dolce & Gabbana, Dior, Longchamp, you name it!


Oxford Street is so long, I can take a London red bus to travel from one end to another to save some walking time! Anyone want some red cherries while window shopping in Oxford Street?


The royal baby is born on the day after I left London! On my last day in London, Kate is ready to deliver the little prince in a hospital in London! It was a happy news to the nation, and this news was in the news-stand in every corner of London!


The Nike store in Oxford Street is so huge it has 3 or 4 levels inside! I think they have displays for every product in their catalogue there!


The Apple Store is also HUGE! Am impressed with the way they deco the display units.


Walk slightly further from Oxford Street will reach Piccadilly again. I decided to check how it's like in daytime, but it turned out to be like what I've expected - Piccadilly is a merrier place during night time. There's a M&M World in Piccadilly that's worth a visit, especially for chocolate lovers like me! Here's some M&Ms imitating the famous The Beatles Abbey Road album's cover!


Before heading back to Sheffield, we headed to Covent Garden to past some free time. Nothing much is special here, but we heard it's a popular tourist destination, so we thought it might be good to drop by here for a while. 


London Transport Museum, nothing spectacular here and certainly not as entertaining as the National Train Museum in York. 

After checking out some non-moveable bus in the museum, it's time to board the real bus back to Sheffield... I wouldn't mind to pay London another visit anytime in the future. There are so many places which I haven't explore yet. Heard that Greenwich and Kew Gardens have some pretty sights too. Will surely give London another visit if I have a chance to 'drop by' UK again!

NEXT - Day Trip 7: Liverpool, UK

2 comments:

  1. A friend went to meetup with a local London friend...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya... and left his friend alone on Oxford Street...

      Delete