26 June 2014

Scotland - Old Man of Storr

Far far away... There's the Old Man of Storr. Not sure who gave it such name though, probably because the rock stands vertically all by itself, like a lonely old man overlooking the hill, searching for the sight of his lover. 

That was the moment I get why seniors asked us to bring along a pair of good condition sports or hiking shoes if we are visiting Scotland. Scotland is a place which you interact with the nature, so expect plenty of walking and even hill climbing involved! 


The first stage of the climb passed through a harvested land. Thus, it was unpleasantly muddy and we had to look out on every step we took. It looked like a deserted and destructed area, not a pretty sight. Look pass the eye sore, however, will greet you with a stunning view.
Overlooking the destruction.

Halfway up the hill already took me half an hour to reach there, I was gasping for air. Yes, I admit I have low stamina, and I gave up climbing all the way up to The Storr while my friends decided to move on. The view here is enough to mesmerise me. Fun fact: The Storr had became one of the settings for the movie Prometheus!


See what I mean? But the dark piece of land on the right really spoilt the view...


Again with a scarf!


Model shot!


It was half an hour trip up and the same for down. We are going back to the bus, but first, let us take a selfie!


Say 'peace' with a waterfall!


Parody of a friend's famous pose! Hehe!


A kind of deserted lake, opposite of a quiet row of shops where we had our dinner...

NEXT - Three Sisters of Glen Coe!

No comments:

Post a Comment